Thursday 2 October 2014

WIP: Half Way Point

I think I am finally at the half way of my animation. I don't mean to bombard this blog with all my animation WIP, but it's all I have so far. Also it is a way of documenting my progress, and will help me with my Exegesis after.

I changed the story a bit more. Here is a new animatic with a few completed shots of the motion comic.



A few points to support my decision of changing the story this way.

- It is more realistic for Farahilde to distrust Klaus at first. They are strangers to each other and therefore makes more sense for her to act cold towards him in the beginning.
-This then justifies her change of attitude towards him. After he helps her, she realizes that Klaus is not merely a burden for her.

The old story flips this around where she goes from trust to distrust, a bit harder to relate to and not as convincing emotionally.

The moral of the new story also makes perfect sense: help others when they are in need and they may repay you back. In terms of this story, if Farahilde had decided not to help Klaus out of his cell, she would not have made it out on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment