Friday 29 April 2016

Mid-Semester Break 27-29/04/16 Wednesday-Friday

The break is almost over and I am rather relieved to say that I have completed and edited the contextual review. On Friday I read over everything I wrote, and I was quite happy with it. I know it is far from perfect, or even a good literacy review, but there is only so much I could write about in 3000 words with 20-25 references. The biggest trouble I had with this essay was trying to fit all the ideas and contexts within the word limit. It was difficult to address every material in-depth, while also comparing it with other materials and evaluating and justifying them all. I know it may be partially because my vocabulary is very limited and I struggle to find more intellectual words to describe my ideas, and it also may be that my focus was shifting throughout the writing. There were many elements that I wanted to address, but omitted in the end due to the word count, but to be frank I was glad that the limit was no more than 3000 words. Or I would have been more frustrated. For now, what is done, is done. I may iterate the editing closer to the due date, but I am going to leave the contextual review for now.

So I have decided to take a bit of a break in the last few days of the break. I need to move on to the methodology soon, too. I still may be a bit lost now, but hopefully I'll find the appropriate methodology for my project.

I took my younger sister and brother watch "Zootopia" on Thursday. It was a pleasant movie and I really enjoyed it.

On Wednesday I spent a day with my siblings and my father. It was a rare chance that he had any time free for us, and we went out shopping. The four of us had some quality family time, and we brought back some presents for my mother, the hardest worker I have ever encountered in my life.

All in all it was a great holiday I had. I was able to balance work and relaxation, and time-managed myself well. The biggest accomplishment may be that I finished my contextual review. Whether it is up to standard or not, would be up to the marker.


I managed to do a coloured version of "Blue Babe". I am not particularly good at digital painting so I took the opportunity to do this piece. I always spend a lot of time painting, but then it's done it looks bad compared to what other people have done in only a third of the time I used. And that really brings me down, but the only thing I can do is to continue practicing; and hopefully I'll get better someday.




No comments:

Post a Comment