Friday 10 June 2016

Week 13 09-10/06/16 Thursday-Friday

I have decided to reiterate my character design. Also my phone broke.

The idea now is that since it is a pair of white eyes that terrify my sister, I will make the protagonist's eyes completely black, to create contrast between the two.
I have made some critiques about the current design, taking into account the suggestions from the lecturers who were at my seminar presentation on Tuesday.

I have managed to finally finish my treatment. It ended up much more simplified than I intended it to be, because I feel like if I don't go into production soon, I will not have enough time to complete this project. I am still looking to creating a motionbook with Madefire and a comic with the Electricomics Generator. I also have some ideas regarding world-building for my project; the contrast between the real world and the imaginary one is not going to be like Alice in Wonderland or Wizard of Oz, where the whimsical world is wild and colourful. But in my comic, the real world is the one with colour, however, it is also static and more symmetrical and orderly; while the imaginary world is black and white, animated (with limitations) and quite frightening. This is to portray the fact that the imagination is not only capable of creating beautiful things, but also scary ones as well. As the protagonist Nelly conquers her fears, the darkness of her imagination becomes a bit subdued, but it does not disappear entirely. This is to say that she will always be afraid of something, and that she has conquered one of them. It is to be proud of, but the other fears cannot be ignored either. 

I should also add that the portal between these two worlds is the rose bush. I think this can be a metaphor about how farm work has pulled Nelly's parents away from her, but it is not the enemy itself; just an agent that helped cause the creation of the white-eyed creature.


No comments:

Post a Comment