Saturday 13 August 2016

Semester 2 Week 4 11-12/08/16 Thursday-Friday

Rough lines for page 37. The animation plans are drawn in red so I can identify them easily.

I draw and animate the butterfly on a separate document.

I give this animation a bright green background, this is so that when I key it in After Effects, the background can be removed easily. It works just like a green screen.

The underlines help me as I animate the butterfly.

I export the animation as a quicktime file when it is done.

I import the finished butterfly animation into AE and add key frames to the position of the butterfly. I do this in AE because it's much faster and easier. I only need to set the position and scale keys on the timeline, instead of changing every single frame as I need to do in Photoshop.

Doing some final touches to the panels.



Completed Panels from page 37. I probably should fix the timing of the initiation of the animation, but I need to leave those til last. 



Repeating the steps a bit for page 38. This time I am drawing the branches in a different document again, but I am not animating them in PS.


Rather I bring the PS file into AE. The branches are all drawn on separate layers, allowing me to animate them individually with the puppet tool. 


Completed animation for panel 2 of page 38.

Completed page 38. I didn't save it as a GIF this time because the file became too big for PS to export. But panels 2 and 3 are animated. The rose was key animated in PS.


Rough draft for page 39. The branches will be key animated in PS. 

Animation WIP for page 39.

Completed animation of panel 5 for page 39.


Roughs for page 40, the latest page.

Carefully outlining page 40.

Completed page 40.



Panels 3-5 of page 40 are slightly animated. The scribbles meant to indicate sound. I am planning to add sound once Nelly enters the imaginary world; this build upon the idea of sound and motion are factors of the whimsical world.













No comments:

Post a Comment