Wednesday 31 August 2016

Semester 2 Mid Semester Break 29-31/08/16 Monday-Wednesday

I am nearly finished with my comic! There are still around 6-7 pages to go, after I have done those I can go back and fix things and make sure I have everything I need for the APP.

I am currently up to page 60 of my comic.

Here are the WIPs updates.

Beginning drawing rough base sketches for page 55. 

Cleaning up the lines for page 56. This path is where Nelly chooses to force herself through the branches. She uses the secateurs she got from Natalie. I will come back and create another alternative ending should the reader choose the other option. But that one would lead to a dead end.

 Animating on a separate document with key frames.

 
Setting the frames in the timeline of Photoshop.

Adding some speech bubbles.
 
Completed animation

 Continuing animation for the rest of p56.

Adding the final touches.

Completed p56.

 WIP of page 57.

 Completed p57. This is another path readers are able to choose for themselves. The reader will advance forward if they choose B.; but will be sent to the beginning of the comic if they choose A.

Adding some small animations for page 58.

Completed p58.

 Rough planning sketches for page 59.
 Finished line work of p59.

 Moving on to page 60. I usually draw the lines down first before adding any animation.

In After Effects I used the Colour Key to delete the background of the firefly animation. I then positioned it and made sure the scale was appropriate.

For this particular panel I added the 3D layer effect in AE. This adds to the atmosphere and gives the animation a depth of field. 

Completed p60, the latest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment