Friday 19 August 2016

Semester 2 Week 5 18-19/08/16 Thursday-Friday

Animating with rough base lines for page 46.

This is panel 1 of page 46. I have animated the monster butterfly separately from the other panels.

Now I am adding the animated butterfly back to the whole page.

Completed page.

Animated panel from page 47. I know these monsters don't look as scary as I would I like them to be, but I guess it works a bit, since their appearance border lines hilarity and creepiness. I think that as long as Nelly seems genuinely afraid of them, it would work; readers will be able to identify with her fear.


Last panel of page 47; Nelly is spotted by the monster.

Finished page.


Panel 1 from page 48.

Panel 2 of page 48.


Page 49 remains all static. I have considered adding animation to the first panel, but here it makes more sense to have everything static. It is sort of like a break from the previous action from the last few pages.

WIP of page 50, the latest page. I draw the animation planning in bright colours so I can differentiate between the frames easily. 

This is what the rough animation looks like. I am not trying to make the animation perfect, it works here as if to say that the creatures of the imaginary world don't move as naturally as the ones from the real world. There will always be something a bit off about them.

Completed page 50.












No comments:

Post a Comment