Tuesday 12 July 2016

Semester Break12/07/16 Tuesday

So I have finally begun drawing the actual comic. I also tried using the Electricomics generator app. But here are the first two pages of my comic and some WIP.


The process of drawing the actual comic is quite simple once all the planning is solid. I have my script and layouts beside me as I sketch the rough drafts for each page. I then go and tidy up those rough sketches with a smaller brush. I am keeping my brush strokes quite loose, and I am not worrying about making the comic look very neat. This is obviously intentional as I am trying to go for a care-free style like my artist models Chris Riddell and Gris Grimly.



These are the first two pages to my comic. I have made my brush strokes quite messy, and I did not use any guides for the straight objects (windows and bed, etc) so the comic looks loose and imperfect. This is appropriate as it fits the story about fear, as the lines are naturally shaky, just as fear is a natural emotion and may cause shivers. It is also what makes us human. And humans are never perfect.

I finally got the chance to try out the Eletricomics generator app. It is very straightforward to use, but it does not yet have features that control touch zones nor can it play GIFs. I am a bit disappointed about this, as I have seen examples of Eletricomics using GIFs. There are some parts that need clarifying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment