Thursday 5 May 2016

Week 08 05/05/16 Thursday

I met with my supervisor who read my contextual review. She critiqued that it there was a lot of improvement, but I need to fix the introduction a bit so that it provides a better overview of the essay. I also sent my essay to a friend who will proof read it for me for any grammatical errors.

I also discovered something called "Electricomics", a project launched by Alan Moore et al. Daniel Goodbrey was also involved in this project, and it sounds extremely interesting. It also pertains to my honours project, and therefore I am looking to test it out. Electricomic is an app that allows readers to download and read digital comics on a handheld device. There is also a Generator that gives creators a chance to make their own digital comic. I have not yet understood how it works yet, but I must make time to figure it out, as I really want to attempt to make one. I have already downloaded the Electricomic app, and briefly read through the comics pre-installed on there. The art was wonderful, and "Big Nemo" surprised me pleasantly with some limited animation. It may be useful to make note that comics created by the Generator can only be read via the app. Personally, I really enjoyed reading those digital comics. Some had more creative layouts than others, but I hope this is something that will catch on. There are, inevitably, some problems while reading --- as this is a new project --- some pages take a while to load, and my tapping can seem unresponsive at times. And it appears that the comics can only be read with WiFi connection. I am uncertain whether these issues are the app's problem, or because my wireless reception is really poor or my iPad is too old. Nevertheless, I think there is a great amount of effort many people who love comics put into this project; it is a wonderful idea, and I really want to be involved in it as well.






I didn't post any drawings yesterday, so here are four pieces of doodles to make up for that.










No comments:

Post a Comment