Tuesday 17 May 2016

Week 10 17/05/16 Tuesday

During dinner I asked my sister some a couple of questions concerning her life on the farm. The first question was: "What do you like best about living here (on our farm)?" And she answered: "There's a lot of space for me to play!" And then I asked: "So what is the worst thing about the farm?" And she replied: "There're a lot of creepy crawlies, and bugs. I hate bugs, they're always flying around."

That was a casual conversation between my sister and I. I believe that simple back and forth questioning will be able to produce the most honest answers, so the atmosphere is always kept light and relaxed. If I indicated that those questions were for my academic purposes my sister would have felt rather nervous, which would affect her answers.

I have continued to write my methodology and make concept sketches for my project. I have come to decided that the whimsical world the protagonist ventures in will not be an old greenhouse, but a large overgrown bush of roses, to fit the title "Through the Rose Bushes". I am also going to base my character design on my sister, though obviously I will reduce the amount of detail so that the design becomes "iconic"--- a simplistic design for readers to substitute themselves in.

                                                         Some character concepts

No comments:

Post a Comment