Monday 23 May 2016

Week 11 23/05/16 Monday

I finally had the chance to try out the Madefire Motion Book Tool. I went through their tutorial and used the examples they provided to create a one page motion comic. The motion book tool was really easy to use and understand, and I can see a lot of potential in it. The tool allows the creator to integrate sound and some limited animation in the comic, as well as some form of interaction. I guess the only problem I have with it is that the process of assembling all the assets together to create one page is quite slow and repetitive, but that is a nitpick. The amount I can fit into one page is also limited by the memory, as the tool is used online. For viewing the comic, I need to either go to Deviantart or download the Madefire App to read it. This is similar to the Electricomics App, and I think wifi is required when reading the comics. In summary, I enjoyed the user-friendly interface of Madefire motion book tool; some improvements are needed in sorting out the assets library. Maybe I haven't explored this tool well enough yet to discover its other capabilities, but all in all it was rather simple to use, and I am looking forward to creating more comic with it in the future.

I need to continue to consolidate my story further in order to create the layouts of my project. But right now I think I have a clear path of what I am going to take. I think the comic should remain static, silent and black and white when the protagonist is in the real world; animation, sound and colour will then be added once she crosses over to the fantastical one (Much like the idea of  "The Wizard of Oz").

Here are some screenshots of me working with the Madefire Motion Book Tool:



The images above show the effects panel of the Madefire Motion Book Tool. The comic panels and sound were examples provided by Madefire.


This last image are pages from a comic made for 24-hour Comic Making Day. I am able to upload simple pages without any animation or sound, and the tool will merge together to create a digital comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment