Friday 20 May 2016

Week 10 18/05/16 Wednesday

Today is the deadline for the literature review submission. I must be frank that I feel quite accomplished when I submitted my copy. There a few things that I am working on right now: refining the story for the comic, sketching more concept designs, and investigating the vehicles that will carry my comic to the readers.

For reference for the world I am building, I have taken some photographs of our family farm. Our greenhouses are quite modern, and even though the look of an antique greenhouse is fascinating, it has little relevance to the story I am portraying. I am planning to use symbolism to represent certain aspects of my sister's life: her fear of bugs and the white eyes watching her in the dark; her love of running around on the farm and her sense of loneliness when everyone else is doing work, too busy to keep her company.

I also have some personal projects on the side to keep me busy; a few Instagram drawing competitions that I would like to enter, an animation I am collaborating with a friend and a manga competition I am planning to participate in. If all goes well, I should end up with some decent prizes for myself. I put my faith in God, and trust that his hand will help me in my way.

Here are some additional character sketches I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment